SOLAR ECLIPSE [23 Sagittarius 08]
December 14, 2020 (16:17 GMT)
The week begins with a New Moon Solar Eclipse, a symbol of a powerful new beginning. However, eclipse new beginnings often stem from an ending.
Sagittarius is the star sign linked to travel & foreign connections and it’s not exactly a year when travel is on the cards for many of us. If you want an example of what’s being eclipsed, listen out for announcements about travel restrictions close to the eclipse date.
That’s one way that eclipses can play out but a New Moon eclipse can also open a portal and coincide with a significant turning point. See what opportunities open up or where you’re willing to be bold & brave in your life. Here are some key pointers to guide you:
- Eclipses are often concurrent with turning points. This is why they are considered game-changers as they move the goalposts of life. Fundamentally, eclipses are neither positive nor negative. It’s how you perceive and respond to what happens in your own life and out in the world that’s important.
- Sometimes, eclipses act as a catalyst for change but you don’t recognise this until later on. Their effect can last a few months after the exact date of the eclipse, even up until the next set of eclipses, which will occur in May/June 2021. This eclipse is paired with the Full Moon Lunar Eclipse on November 30, 2020 which fell at 8 Gemini. What completed or ended two weeks ago may have been the catalyst for a new beginning.
- Traditionally, it’s wise to wait a few days after an eclipse before taking action or making a big decision. During an eclipse, the karmic nodes, points of destiny in astrology, are pulled into the cosmic dance of the Sun, Moon & Earth. A shadow is thrown as the Sun/Moon/Earth are in close alignment. This is why eclipse symbolism is said to be ‘shadowy’. Once the shadow clears, it brings what’s hidden to light or sheds a new perspective on a current situation.
- A Solar Eclipse is a turbo-charged New Moon, a symbol of new beginnings. However, the beginning often comes into being from an ending as the light emerges from the dark. The eclipse can open a door or a portal in your life inviting you to step through. Pay close attention to the events that occur and listen out for synchronicities around this powerful eclipse.
- This Solar Eclipse is part of the eclipse cycle which began in June 2020 and completes in December 2021. Notice where you’re being called to move forward or required to start over.
- This eclipse could be a time when you can act fast and spontaneously to get things done. This is because action planet Mars in Aries makes a close trine aspect to the Sun & Moon in Sagittarius during the eclipse. This feels dynamic and go-getting and could be great news for the fire signs, Aries, Leo, Sagittarius. You may be leaping into action before the week’s out.
- The ruling planet of the eclipse in Sagittarius is Jupiter. On the day of the eclipse, December 14th, Venus and Jupiter align in a sextile aspect – Venus in Scorpio, Jupiter in Capricorn. This is a promising connection for love & money and may benefit these two star signs in particular.
- The eclipse will be visible primarily in South America and parts of South Africa. It will be ‘eclipsed’, i.e. hidden from most of the world.
What It Means For You
On a personal level, see where the Solar Eclipse falls in your birth chart, which house and which area of life, it triggers. Does the eclipse fall close to any specific planets/angles? – use a tight orb, 1 degree either side. Here’s a quick guide – read your Sun sign & Ascendant sign:
- Sagittarius – personal goals, image & identity
- Capricorn – your inner world, retreat & surrender
- Aquarius – friends, groups & wider society
- Pisces– career & status, future path
- Aries – your place in the world, study & education
- Taurus – joint finances & sexuality
- Gemini – love & relationships, contracts
- Cancer – job & health, service to others
- Leo – birth i.e. kids, romance, creative projects
- Virgo – home & family
- Libra – community, siblings, communication
- Scorpio – money & assets, self-worth